The Development Steering Council (DSC) acts as a steering and alignment body for the NENA Development Group Committees, and consists of the following:
- Two Co-Chairs, recommended by the NENA President and approved by the Executive Board annually. As such, the Board retains authority over the decision making regarding who serves in those two roles (and all other subordinate DSC roles);
- The Co-Chairs are one each from "Private Sector/Commercial”, and "Public Sector/Government”.
- The appropriate NENA staff, assigned by the CEO
- The Chairs of the Development Group Committees
- At the discretion of each Committee Chair, the Committee Vice Chair may be the designated as the Committee representative on the DSC.
- Committee Advisors may serve as DSC members if so assigned by the DSC Co-Chairs.
- NENA Executive Board Liaison to DSC: The primary representative is suggested to be the 2nd VP, to provide an opportunity for the President-Elect to understand the processes and on-going activity of the Development Committee. An alternate representative should also be designated, to ensure the Board remains updated on current activities.
Vice President of Product Evolution
|Pete Eggiman ENP
Metropolitan Emergency Services Board
Director of 9-1-1 Services
- The DSC will meet quarterly with the NENA CEO. The mode of the meeting may be in-person, web conference, etc. Any travel and associated costs for these 4 meetings to be covered by a budget under the direction of the CEO.
- Coordination of Development Group activities as they impact budgeting and other logistical matters is under the oversight of the CEO. The CEO has responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the organization. As such, the Development Group reports to the CEO for all such decision making.
- The two DSC Co-Chairs appoint the Development Group Committee Chairs, reviewed annually (they serve at the pleasure of the DSC Chairs);
- The Development Group Committee Chairs choose their own Vice-Chairs subject to the approval of the DSC Co-Chairs. Chairs & Vice Chairs for Individual Committees should not be from the same employer
- Pete Eggimann, ENP
- Jim Shepard, ENP
- Bob Sherry, ENP
- Jim Goerke, ENP
- Wendi Lively, ENP
- April Heinze, ENP
- Rick Blackwell, ENP
- Michael Smith
- Nate Wilcox
- Steve O'Conor, ENP
- Richard Ray
- Donna Platt
- Roger Marshall
- Rachel Kilby Bello
- Sonya Clauson, ENP
- Sandy Beitel
- Tom Breen, ENP
- Tony Busam, ENP
- Robert Gojanovich, ENP
- Marc Berryman, ENP
- John Haynes, ENP
- Mike Vislocky
- Ty Wooten, ENP
- Roger Hixson, ENP
- Delaine Arnold, ENP - Committee Resource Manager email@example.com
Organizational, Procedural and Process documents for the NDG. The NENA Development Group (NDG) combines the former Technical and Operations Committees into a single Development Group. The NDG was formed in 2011 to identify a more efficient development committee structure and process in recognition of the changes currently underway in the 9-1-1 industry.