1. NG9-1-1 service is the critical consumer-to-PSAP counterpart to the PSAP-tofield communications capability offered by FirstNet.
2. Congress should ensure that FirstNet leverages the extensive technical and operational development work already completed for NG9-1-1.
3. Congress should allow all 911 to compete for grant funding by including 9-1-1 in the definition of "public safety” for all federal public safety grant programs.
4. Consistent with the FCC’s report, Congress should direct the National Implementation Coordination Office to deploy a PSAP Credentialing Agency and a national Forest Guide to support NG9-1-1 system security and call routing.
5. Congress should direct the Department of Homeland Security to deploy a national 911 data collection and analytics capability to provide real-time insight into natural and man-made disasters and aid the detection of cyber attacks on Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs).