NENA 2018 Call for Papers Now Open!
Thursday, August 10, 2017
Posted by: Chris Nussman
Calling All Presenters! From now through October 27, NENA is accepting breakout session proposals for the NENA 2018 Conference & Expo, taking place in Nashville, TN from June 16-21, 2018.
Presenting a session at NENA 2018 is an excellent opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with an enthusiastic audience of 9-1-1 professionals who are eager to gain and share information. To meet the expectations and needs of our attendees, your session must be engaging, informative, and applicable to a diverse audience with a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds.
To ensure your submission receives due consideration, please ensure that:
- Your proposal is issue-focused, not product-focused;
- Your 65-word presentation description contains a precise objective;
- You identify three clear audience takeaways;
- You fully complete all areas of the submission form and provide accurate contact information, including phone number(s), e-mail address(es), and mailing address(es); and
- You use proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation.
Your proposal will be evaluated by how well the session will deliver practical skills, knowledge, and resources that meet one of the following audience needs:
- Empower attendees to overcome issues they are dealing with today;
- Prepare attendees for near-term issues for which they should be planning; or
- Challenge attendees to think about advances in technology and public safety that may one day impact 9-1-1, and what that means for them right now.
Your proposal should address one of the following areas of interest:
- Analytics & Big Data
- Dispatcher Essentials
- Emergency Services Around the World
- Enhancing Accessibility
- Funding, Governance, & Legislative Issues
- The Future of 9-1-1
- GIS & Other Databases
- Leadership & Effective Supervision
- Management Essentials
- NG9-1-1 Early Adopter
- The NG9-1-1 PSAP
- NG9-1-1: Planning & Implementation
- NG9-1-1: Systems & Technology
- Personal & Professional Development
- Preparedness & Resiliency
- PSAP Design & Consolidation
- Public Education & Outreach
- Standards & Best Practices
- Stress, Health, & Wellness
Click here to submit your great idea today! All proposals are due by Friday, October 27.
Session submitters will receive acceptance or rejection notifications by mid-December. Submitters selected to present will receive multiple communications from NENA and will be invited to at least one session facilitation webinar.
If you do not receive an acceptance or rejection email by December 15, then please contact NENA PSAP Operations Director Christopher Carver.