Thanks to everyone who attended and made this edition of GTW a success! We'll see you next year from Feb 26 - Mar 1 for GTW '17!
2016 Attendee Materials
2016 GTW Webinar Series
- Getting Approval, Getting Here, & Getting Around | Watch On-Demand | Download Slides
- Learn all about the structure and agenda of 9-1-1 Goes to Washington, access our approval toolkit, and get insider tips and tricks for navigating the National Capital Region’s airports, rail depots, and transit systems.
- How Congress Works | Watch On-Demand | Download Slides
- Get the nitty-gritty details of how Congress really works, from insights on key staffers to the structure and function of committees and leadership offices.
- Effective Meetings & Legislative Priorities | Watch On-Demand | Download Slides
- Train for effective meetings with key legislators and staff, and learn the major talking points and legislative priorities for the 2016 edition of 9-1-1 Goes to Washington.
9-1-1 Goes to Washington brings together hundreds of 9-1-1 professionals from around the country with policy leaders in our nation's capital to explore and discuss today's most pressing 9-1-1 and emergency communications issues. 9-1-1 Goes to Washington is the only event where you can learn about the policy challenges facing public safety and take immediate action to address them through dialog with your elected and appointed officials.
Our three-day program offers a significant opportunity for 9-1-1 professionals to shape the nation’s emergency communications policy agenda. In order to address the needs of today’s 9-1-1 systems while laying the regulatory and legislative groundwork for Next Generation systems. To ensure the availability and reliability of 9-1-1 systems, public safety professionals must understand today’s
9-1-1 policy landscape and take an active role in educating policymakers to shape the laws and rules of tomorrow. At 9-1-1 Goes to Washington, you will do both. Join us in Washington for a dynamic, interactive three-day program where you will receive:
- The inside information you need to help shape the 9-1-1 and emergency communications agendas for the Administration and Congress;
- Critical knowledge of current, proposed, and needed federal and state 9-1-1, homeland security, and emergency communications legislation, regulation, and policy initiatives; and
- An opportunity to speak directly with members of Congress, administration officials, and key staff to make your voice heard on behalf of the entire 9-1-1 community.