Summary of General 9-1-1 Information
These pages are also available under the Public & Media menu tab.
- General Information- What is 9-1-1? Enhanced 9-1-1? Who Pays? and other info including non-English speakers, and/or hearing/speach impaired callers.
- 9-1-1 Statistics- Percentages of Counties and Population with 9-1-1 service, 9-1-1 Call Volume, definitions of types of 9-1-1 service.
- 9-1-1 Origin and History- A time line from the thought in 1957 through 1967 when the FCC decided the number would be 9-1-1, continuing until recently.
- Cell Phones & 9-1-1- Special information concerning the unique issues with cell phones. Includes information and definitions of Phase I and Phase IIservice.
- VoIP & 9-1-1- Voice Over Internet Protocol phones also have special considerations with 9-1-1 service.
- 9-1-1 Usage Tips- A top ten list of tips for consumers and links to other web sites with additional information.
- Wireless 9-1-1 Status- USDOT/NENAproject to collect data on the status of wireless 9-1-1 implementation. Also includes
- County by County interactive map of this information.
- List of State 9-1-1 Fees
Media Inquires? Please contact Chris Nussman