Sample wording for Requests for Proposals or Requests for Information.
Our jurisdiction fully recognizes that the promise of interoperable NG9-1-1
systems can only be fully realized if all components are open and standards-based. NENA is facilitating a series of events that allow vendors to test the interoperability of their products with products from other vendors. The goal of these NG9-1-1 Industry Collaboration Events (NG9-1-1 ICE) is to support all vendors in achieving fully standards based interoperable systems. Please refer to the ICE homepage
The NG9-1-1 ICE currently planned are not intended to score the performance of the participating vendors in any way. However, our jurisdiction believes that by participating in the events, vendors will better understand the ability of their products to interoperate in a complex system.
Further, we believe that vendors will address any interoperability limitations they uncover during the events. Therefore, our jurisdiction believes that vendors that participate will deliver better products with a higher level of interoperability thus limiting the risk our jurisdiction accepts when buying products from a variety of vendors.
It is our strong recommendation that vendors seeking to do business with us participate in as many NENA NG9-1-1 Industry Collaboration Events as possible.
Given our strong preference to do business with participating vendors, please answer the following questions (please refer to the ICE homepage
for a schedule of past and planned events):
- Which NENA NG9-1-1 Industry Collaboration Events has your company participated in?
- Which of your products did you test at the event(s)?
- Have you tested all of the products you are proposing in your response at the events?
- If not, which products have you not tested?
- If you have not participated in the events and/or not tested products proposed, please explain your reason for not participating and testing.
- Do you intend to participate in future events? If so, which ones?