|Full Name:||NENA NG9-1-1 Policy Routing Rules Operations Guide |
|Document Type: ||Information|
This document is provided to assist 9-1-1 Authorities in using PRRs during the full life cycle of an NG9‑1‑1 System. In Section 2 below, PRRs are discussed from four perspectives:
- The General concept of how PRRs function in NG9-1-1;
- The procurement considerations for PRRs for the Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP) processes used to select a NG9‑1‑1 Core Services/Functional Elements;
- The NG9-1-1 implementation phase where PRRs are initially established; and
- The operations and post-provisioning phase where PRRs are refreshed and refined.
Using the information in this document, the reader will be able to take full advantage of the power of PRRs provided by their vendors as defined in the NG9‑1‑1 Standards listed in Section 4 below. This document is intended primarily for staff of 9-1-1 Authorities and PSAPs with a baseline understanding of NG9‑1‑1. Reading the reference documents listed in Section 4 below is helpful but is not a requirement to use this document.
This document consolidates three NENA documents into one informational document in order to provide uniform guidance and background about the significance of PRRs (See Reason for Reissue). The following documents will be archived once this document reaches stable form:
- NENA 71-502 OID - Overview of Policy Rules for Call Routing and Handling in NG9‑1‑1; and
- NENA-STA-003.1.1 – NENA Standard for NG9-1-1 Policy Routing Rules.