The Systems Security & Resiliency Committee is responsible for establishing Working Groups that build on standards developed in other Committees and develop new standards and deployment and operational models that:
- define the security, cybersecurity, reliability and resiliency protocols, methods, and procedures necessary to ensure interoperability within and between 9-1-1 systems and protect the 9-1-1 systems from the point of Originating Service Provider interconnection through the systems to incident processing at the PSAP.
- define the basic ESInet design and deployment options, identify and incorporate optional enhancements, and manage the evolution of the ESInet design as Internet Protocol evolves and new capabilities are identified.
- identify best practices for ESInet and core system monitoring, including security, to support 99.999% reliability at the individual PSAP level.
- address new types of calls for assistance entering 9-1-1 systems and the delivery of those calls through the system to the First Responders.
- Security for NG9-1-1 (NG-SEC) WG, Co-Chairs Jim Lockard, ENP & Brady McCamley The Security for NG9-1-1 Standard (NG-SEC) remains the key Cyber Security standard for 9-1-1 and NG9-1-1, and the need to keep the standard current is a necessity. This WG is forming to assess, analyze and recommend areas that need to be addressed by NENA 75-001. The WG will focus on cyber security functions that have become a common thread between the established guidelines and standards. As the group focuses on new items to include, they will also work to establish a recommended guideline built to minimize the risk and limit the damage to 9-1-1. The WG will also work to ensure the standard is aligned with NENA-STA-010. Additionally, the WG may review specific mechanisms (TDoS / DDoS, Ransomware etc.) that may require a policy or guideline to guide how vendors are pursuing NG9-1-1 security. Weekly conference calls are held every Friday from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET.
- Telecommunication Denial of Service (TDoS) WG, Co-Chairs Mark Collier and Sarah Rollins
A new Working Group is seeking volunteers to develop an Information document focused on Telecommunication Denial of Service Attacks. Weekly conference calls are held every Monday from 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET.