What Is WIN?
NENA's Women in 9-1-1 (WIN) Alliance empowers women in 9-1-1 through leadership development, education, networking, and mentoring opportunities. WIN helps women in 9-1-1 to reach their full potential by providing resources including FREE quarterly webinars and meet ups at NENA events (when possible). WIN's Objectives are to:
- Help members build confidence, knowledge, and leadership skills;
- Drive diversity in NENA and the 9-1-1 profession;
- Provide mentoring and training opportunities;
- Promote achievements of women in 9-1-1;
- Serve as a venue to share experiences and insights; and
- Develop a network of women and allies that harnesses the power of community to achieve shared goals.
Become Part of WIN
WIN welcomes all NENA members, regardless of gender identity! There is no additional cost to join the WIN community or participate in WIN activities.
Join the WIN Community Group
NENA members can join the WIN Community Group to network with other 9-1-1 professionals and stay informed about WIN's upcoming activities. To join the group, sign in to your NENA member account and then head over WIN group page (don't forget to click "Join Group" at the upper right-hand corner) to find the latest announcements or start discussions with your fellow WIN members!
Use the hashtag #WomenIN911 when sharing WIN info or having discussions on your social-media networks of choice.
Quarterly WIN Webinars
The WIN webinar series helps women advance in 9-1-1 through leadership development and education. Click here to view the archive of the first offering in the series, Empowering Women in 9-1-1. This on-demand webinar provides:
- Insights on developing leadership skills to grow as a 9-1-1 professional;
- Ideas about how we as women (and allies) can better support women in the 9-1-1 industry; and
- Tips on how to recruit and mentor the next generation of women in 9-1-1.
Upcoming WIN webinar dates:
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 | 1PM Eastern
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 | 1PM Eastern
- Thursday, May 14, 2020 | 1PM Eastern
- Thursday, September 10, 2020 | 1PM Eastern
- Thursday, December 10, 2020 | 1PM Eastern
NENA’s Mentor Center is where 9-1-1 professionals connect to establish mentor/mentee relationships that foster personal and professional growth and development. To participate, simply decide whether you would like to participate as a mentor, a mentee, or both, and then proceed with setting up your user profile at nena.org/mentor.
Serving as a mentor or becoming a mentee can help you direct your future, expand your professional network, gain knowledge and perspective on the workplace, and deliver tremendous personal satisfaction.
WIN Committee Members
Co-Chairs: Monica Million, ENP | Chandy Ghosh
Advisor: Mary Boyd, ENP
Secretary: Tina Metivier
Mentoring Coordinator: Sara Weston, ENP
Events Coordinator: Sherri Griffith Powell, ENP
Volunteer Coordinator: Open | Email to volunteer
Membership Coordinator: Toni Dunne, ENP
Marketing, Website, and Promotions Coordinator: Sonya Lopez-Clauson, ENP
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or suggestions.